Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Smurfily Ever After: Just a sucker

Oh, Halloween. I am never quite sure about this holiday, but as always, it came and went yesterday. My husband loves it (not-so-much), in fact, it is his birthday as well. Not only that, but his golden birthday this year. What a way to celebrate - Trick-or-treat!

So, the kids got dressed up in their Smurf and Princess costumes and ventured out trick-or-treating. They hit up Main Street in Maple Grove on Saturday and then our neighborhood yesterday. Lucky Daddy got the pleasure of taking them 'round the neighborhood while I stayed back and handed out the "treats." As I was doing so, I heard a kid say "All you get at that house is a sucker!" I mean, really, does anyone have to give you anything? And are not the 60 pieces of candy enough for you? I am wondering what my kids thought of this "holiday." Not long after they ventured out, they returned, stuffed noses and coughs. Ready to be done. They only ventured to about 6 houses, perfectly content with their candy. And what does my daughter reach for? A sucker! Let this be a listen to you all. You can be content with "just a sucker." Happy Halloween. Until Next Year...


No comments:

Post a Comment